Housing Registration

Foreigners must get a housing registration form within the 24 hours after their arrival in China. In most cases a temporary housing registration form has to be filled in. If you live on the campus, simply go to the reception desk of your residence. If you rent an apartment off campus, you must visit the local police station promptly with your landlord.

Please note that if you have renewed your passport or visa, or changed your address, you must re-apply for a new housing registration form within 10 days. Failure to do so, you will be regarded as an illegal resident and fined heavily accordingly.